Using Technology to Enhance Science Teaching (3) This course explores contemporary practice and research associated with applications of technology to enhance science learning and teaching.
SCIED 410 Using Technology to Enhance Science Teaching (3)
The primary emphasis of this course is to explore current research and practice associated with using technology tools to enhance the teaching and learning of science. Through participation in the course, students will have the opportunity to:
* investigate a variety of technology tools with specific applications in supporting student learning in science (e.g., web-based resources, simulations, tutorials, graphing software, concept mapping programs, hypermedia authoring tools, etc.) and document abilities to use these tools;
* incorporate technology tools into science instruction (e.g., making observations, designing and conducting investigations, interpreting and reporting results, etc.) in ways that enhance teaching and learning;
* evaluate technology tools within the context of their applications to supporting teaching and learning science;
* participate in electronic discussions of central considerations associated with enhancing science teaching with technology; and
* author a hypermedia tool that supports science teaching and learning (and incorporates a variety of media).
In addition, students will design and conduct an individualized project targeted at meeting these needs as science teachers and/or graduate students in science education.
Note : Class size, frequency of offering, and evaluation methods will vary by location and instructor. For these details check the specific course syllabus.