First-Year Seminar in Music Education (1) Introduction to the University, the School of Music, the music education degree program, and the music teaching profession.
MUSIC 040S First-Year Seminar in Music Education (1)
(BA) This course meets the Bachelor of Arts degree requirements.
This course is offered to music majors during their first semester who are intending to apply to the Teacher Certification Degree Program in Music Education. It provides prospective music teachers with an opportunity to:
- learn about aspects of and opportunities available at the University in general.
- learn about aspects of and opportunities available specifically at the PSU School of Music.
- learn about the PSU music education curriculum and program.
- gain a general understanding of the music teaching profession.
- begin and develop a professional relationship with his/her advisor.
Note : Class size, frequency of offering, and evaluation methods will vary by location and instructor. For these details check the specific course syllabus.