At which campus can I study this program?
This 12-credit certificate will provide a solid foundation in leadership concepts and employment relations that can enhance student leadership and managerial skills. The courses can be applied to the bachelor's degree in Organizational Leadership.
Specifically built for adult learners, students will learn with a Penn State instructor and other adult learners. Accelerated evening courses meet once a week for seven weeks in-person or via live video instruction with online learning components. As a participant either in the classroom or via video technology, students can communicate with the instructor and interact with other students.
What is Foundations of Organizational Leadership?
The Foundations of Organizational Leadership certificate is a 12-credit sequence of classes that provides an introduction to key leadership concepts and practices and provides students with the knowledge and skills that are characteristic of effective leaders. Certificate programs focus on a specific skill set, allowing you to earn this Penn State credential in a relatively short time.
You Might Like This Program If...
- You want to enhance your leadership and management skills while gaining skills that are characteristic of effective leaders.
- You want to gain specialized knowledge on workplace and employment issues from both the employee's and employer's perspective.
- You want to build your resume to advance your career.
To earn an undergraduate certificate in Foundations of Organizational Leadership, a minimum of 12 credits is required.
|OLEAD 100||Introduction to Leadership||3|
|OLEAD 201||Organizational Theory and Functions for Leaders||3|
|OLEAD 210||Evidence-Based Leadership||3|
|OLEAD/LHR 465||Collective Decision Making||3|
Certificate Learning Objectives
- Functions of Leadership: Explain the roles and the major functions of leadership in contemporary organizations;
- Theoretical and Empirical Approaches to Leadership: Apply the theoretical and empirical foundations for different approaches to the exercise of leadership
- Identify Social Influence and How to Improve: Identify the social processes operative in the exercise of influence, as well as how to improve them;
- Execution of Critical Organizational Tasks: Exhibit intellectual and behavioral competencies useful in the successful execution of critical organizational tasks and the management of relationships.
The objectives of the university's academic advising program are to help advisees identify and achieve their academic goals, to promote their intellectual discovery, and to encourage students to take advantage of both in-and out-of class educational opportunities in order that they become self-directed learners and decision makers.
Both advisers and advisees share responsibility for making the advising relationship succeed. By encouraging their advisees to become engaged in their education, to meet their educational goals, and to develop the habit of learning, advisers assume a significant educational role. The advisee's unit of enrollment will provide each advisee with a primary academic adviser, the information needed to plan the chosen program of study, and referrals to other specialized resources.
Adult Student Enrollment Coordinator
Reading, PA 19610
This certificate can provide you with a solid foundation in leadership concepts and employment relationships, enhancing your leadership and managerial skills.
The purpose of this certificate is to familiarize students with employment relationships and the interrelated interests of managements, workers, unions, and the public, including the legal frameworks that govern collective bargaining between employers and unions in federal, state and local governments.
Reading, PA 19610