|Person-in-Charge||Shawn M. Clark|
The graduate certificate in Corporate Innovation and Entrepreneurship is a 12-credit online program for industry professionals who are interested in developing a knowledge base and skill set in the area of innovation and entrepreneurship in the corporate sector. The program focuses on all aspects of corporate innovation management, such as: ideation, product / service development, managing customer experiences, brand management, entrepreneurial leadership, innovation strategies and methods, developing innovative corporate cultures, leading innovative teams, benchmarking, competitor assessment, future trend tracking, new venture creation, and technology commercialization. The certificate is geared towards individuals working in small businesses, on up to and including global conglomerates, where innovation and continuous improvement are imperative. Individuals interested in launching startup companies will also find this program beneficial.
For students interested in furthering their understanding and knowledge of this field, a Master of Professional Studies in Corporate Innovation and Entrepreneurship is available by taking an additional 21 credits of advance study. Courses taken in the certificate program may be applied toward the M.P.S. in Corporate Innovation and Entrepreneurship, subject to restrictions outlined in GCAC-309 Transfer Credit. Certificate students who wish to have certificate courses applied towards the M.P.S. in Corporate Innovation and Entrepreneurship must apply and be admitted to that degree program. Admission to the Corporate Innovation and Entrepreneurship graduate degree program is a separate step and is not guaranteed.
Effective Semester: Spring 2019
Expiration Semester: Spring 2024
Applicants apply for admission to the program via the Graduate School application for admission. Requirements listed here are in addition to Graduate Council policies listed under GCAC-300 Admissions Policies. International applicants may be required to satisfy an English proficiency requirement; see GCAC-305 Admission Requirements for International Students for more information.
Along with the submission of the online application and the nonrefundable application fee, the following is required:
- Vita or Résumé — Submit a one- to two-page listing of your professional experience and education.
- Statement of Purpose - Applicants must upload a 1 – 2 page (double-spaced) statement of purpose describing how professional experience and goals potentially align with the certificate.
GRE/GMAT scores are NOT required.
Requirements listed here are in addition to requirements listed in Graduate Council policy GCAC-212 Postbaccalaureate Credit Certificate Programs.
|MBADM 531||Corporate Innovation and Entrepreneurship||3|
|ENTR 502||Business Modeling and New Venture Creation||3|
|ENTR 810||Emerging Trends, Technology, and Corporate Innovation||3|
|ENTR 820||Corporate Innovation Strategies and Entrepreneurial Methods||3|
Graduate courses carry numbers from 500 to 699 and 800 to 899. Advanced undergraduate courses numbered between 400 and 499 may be used to meet some graduate degree requirements when taken by graduate students. Courses below the 400 level may not. A graduate student may register for or audit these courses in order to make up deficiencies or to fill in gaps in previous education but not to meet requirements for an advanced degree.
- Creative Thinking and Analysis: Analyze, develop, and assess new products, services, and business models by thinking creatively and strategically. Understand current and future trends and the changing market conditions that influence innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Professional Skills: Demonstrate key competencies in methods and practices associated with new venture creation and corporate innovation.
- Communication Skills: Formulate and articulate ideas, and analyze and communicate new venture plans to key stakeholders in written, oral, digital and presentation formats.
Certificate Program Head: Shawn Clark
Primary Program Contact: Michelle Rockower
Mailing Address: 220 Business Building, University Park, PA 16802
Telephone: (814) 863-0474
Program Website: Corporate Innovation and Entrepreneurship Graduate Certificate