Applicants apply for admission to the program via the Graduate School application for admission. Requirements listed here are in addition to Graduate Council policies listed under GCAC-300 Admissions Policies. International applicants may be required to satisfy an English proficiency requirement; see GCAC-305 Admission Requirements for International Students for more information.
Requirements listed here are in addition to requirements listed in Graduate Council policy GCAC-212 Postbaccalaureate Credit Certificate Programs.
|SPLED 461||Introduction to Autism Spectrum Disorders: Issues and Concerns||3|
|SPLED 462||Autism and Applied Behavior Analysis||3|
|SPLED 463||Communication and Social Competence||3|
|SPLED 464||Assessment and Curriculum||3|
Graduate courses carry numbers from 500 to 699 and 800 to 899. Advanced undergraduate courses numbered between 400 and 499 may be used to meet some graduate degree requirements when taken by graduate students. Courses below the 400 level may not. A graduate student may register for or audit these courses in order to make up deficiencies or to fill in gaps in previous education but not to meet requirements for an advanced degree.
- will be able to define, apply, and explain evidence based practices in the field of Autism Spectrum Disorders. : Students
- ASSESSMENT: Students will be able to assess individuals with autism spectrum disorders to effectively provide instruction.
- STRATEGIES: Students will be able to develop strategies to enhance social, behavioral, communication, and academic gains in individuals with autism.
- FAMILY: Students will be able to display professional skills to work with families of individuals with autism.
- PROF COMPETENCIES: Students will develop professional competencies to work with other educators and personnel in related disciplines.
Many U.S. states and territories require professional licensure/certification to be employed. If you plan to pursue employment in a licensed profession after completing this program, please visit the Professional Licensure/Certification Disclosures by State interactive map.